Quaint ramblings and occasional reflections of a journeying Aussie musician...

22 November 2005

Cuidado menino...

Just thought I'd drop a quick note about Vinicius Cantuaria last night....beautiful stuff, but a bit of a funny gig. He seemed a bit reluctant to be there or something...they only played for a little over an hour and that was with encores. Also, the venue was weird for it...I've always found Jazz Cafe to be a bit of a funny one (£20 for standing room only and all)...maybe I should have booked a table...that's how I was feeling it. I would have liked to hear that music in a different place, but not concert hall, still somewhere where I could have a laugh and a drink with friends. Anyway, always great to see the Brazilian thing live, and the drummer turned out to be Paolo Braga, so that was an extra something.
And thus concludes my listening fest....inspiring stuff all round, keeps you going through the murky times. I thought I might get a chance to chill for a while, but no rest for this wicked one...seeing M tonight in an opera, Miss N is coming to stay on Tuesday night, gigging Wednesday and Thursday nights, and then probably a riotous night out on the town on Friday...when will it all slow down?! Or do I ever want it to?...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, the eloquence of my children!