Quaint ramblings and occasional reflections of a journeying Aussie musician...

05 April 2006

Sun is Shining....

....the weather is sweet man / Makes you wanna move your dancin' feet...

Just learnt the other day that Bob Marley started his career here in London, used to live down in Brixton somewhere, fancy that....

It won't be two jackets every day for long, my friends! Still a distinct chill in the air, but that pale white light is growing stronger by the hour....
In other random news, we got someone to fill the room from (gasp) the general public who (bigger gasp) is not crazy and (even bigger gasp) is actually a great person...female, a little older than I, super-easygoing, from Hungary (so international element, always good), and lots of fun to be around. We didn't get many calls from the ad and my friends fell through, but then on Thursday I get the call and by that evening it was all sorted - nice one, if I do say so myself!
The first stage of my little musical project was completed last Friday. While it may not come to fruition, it was SOOO good working on my own thing, first time ever I think, and not be some frustrated lapdog to maniacs.
Speaking of which, in other music news, the diary is looking a little spare in the next few weeks, but I did the first Brazilian band with the dancing girls the other night...had my head buried in the charts, but I know now I gotta learn them quick, for a couple of reasons! Got three or four coming up with them soon, which should be a trip....
Just started looking into staying here beyond my visa (expiring in February next year). At first glance, it's looking pretty tricky given various aspects of my situation, so if anyone out there in Cyberland has any bright ideas (and I'm not talking about ancestry or marriage/de facto, although the thought of walking down Oxford St wearing a sandwich board with 'Pleeze Marry Me English Birds' spraypainted on it hasn't escaped my mind)...
I gotta couple of 'editorials' on the way, so if there's not much h'exciting happening then I'll launch them your way....back to the sun I suppose!....

No comments: