Quaint ramblings and occasional reflections of a journeying Aussie musician...

25 February 2007

Media Watch 2

....forgot to mention last time a cuppla things....

....so, as I've said before, the lappie has taken over my entire life and I really don't know what I'd do without it.....we got broadband wireless in the flat (where has this been all my life!?) and so lately I've been sitting up a little too late on the nights in watching google video and youtube....

....I'm never gonna watch TV again! It's too good, there's too much stuff, no sitting through ads, it's all only 10 mins long etc.....there's a certain bent to the stuff I've been watching which I'm sure you'll pick up........just type in the phrases, you know how it works....

* Keith Olbermann on MSNBC - some of his Special Comments criticising Bush and the administration are excellent.....this is a guy in a suit who obviously loves his country, frequently talks of the lessons learnt from its history, and is articulate and intelligent in saying that the US government is doing WRONG THINGS in Iraq....

* His seeming arch nemesis, Bill O'Reilly - what a horrible person! hugely biased, arrogant and rude to his 'guests', often factually wrong, and somehow still has some sort of commanding reporting position at Fox, which is basically the TV advertising department of the Republican party, something I've only just learnt through the excellent documentary Outfoxed (check that one too)....

* Some full shows to check out - Iraq for Sale, Loose Change 2nd Edition Uncut, The Power of Nightmares, Robert Newman's History of Oil...and whatever Daily Show with Jon Stewart that can be found is well worth a laugh.....

...so of course any heads up from y'all ou there about anything else I should be checking out of a similar persuasion, I'd be glad to hear it - drop a comment here or zap me at my new email address - mikeguymusic@hotmail.co.uk - laters....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, you change email addresses like I change shoes!

Anyway, check out The Show with Ze Frank. www.zefrank.com/theshow I think. Or google it. Watch about a week of them and then you'll be addicted (well, I was, anyway).

In other news, I've started wanting to take my lappie with me when I leave the house. Only because, if my house got broken into, it would be the thing that I would be most sad about losing.


Yours in wireless broadband...