Quaint ramblings and occasional reflections of a journeying Aussie musician...

12 June 2006

I Just Called....

A Wednesday morning, long ago.....

Great! A free Wednesday morning. No little kiddie keyboard groups to battle with. The better part of two whole hours to go practice piano....

Sidling up to one of my preferred mistresses in room two down at Jaques Samuels, I dumped my stuff, eased onto the stool, started concentrating on breathing and posture, and laid my hands to the black and white....

Phone Call 1: didn't answer....left message....some teaching thing....deal with it later....

Right, back to the breathing....

Phone Call 2: answered strangely.....silly gig up north...said yes, then realised it would be no....handball it to D-Funk....deal with it later....

Okay, back to posture and breathing....hang on, someone tried to call while checking message two....

Phone Call 3: old mate G-Man offering me a European tour.....

Hold on a sec.....that's the kind of call you don't blow off. G-Man had been murmuring to me about this for some time now, but as I've found with most things in the freelance music world, I wasn't gonna start up a mortgage on it.

But this was for real.

Called him back straight away, and as he spoke more, I believed it more. And then I couldn't believe it!...

No comments: